Monday, February 23, 2009

Take it to the Lord ~ Week 4

I cannot believe we are on week 4! What a journey in prayer I am on. Some days it's easy, so days it's more difficult. The discipline of prayer time each morning is something I desire, but have to admit there were a few days that it was easier to sleep a bit longer and then hurry through my devotions. I have learned not to beat myself up on those days. It's not that I was not in communication with the Father, I talk to Him a lot throughout the day. But not having that intense, quiet time... well, I missed it! I had to learn that as I want to deepen my prayer time with the Lord, that I cannot be a perfect prayer. But I will perserve in my prayer journey, continue to grow in my prayer life and my intimate relationship with God.

Your prayer requests from last week have been written on those strips, prayed over and soon will hang in our church. A visual reminder of our requests to God.

One of the verses we focused on last week was Matthew 17:20

...I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

I have to say, this week I have seen some mountains moved. Due to the confidentiality of a certain prayer request, I cannot divulge the background... but a mountain of healing is beginning in many, many lives. Praise God! His grace was abundant! Believe me sisters, this was big, and it was only by God's grace that this could happen. There was a lot of prayer covering this situation. But the prayer doesn't stop here. The prayers must and will continue!

A mountain that needs moved doesn't necessarily have to be something as large as the Rocky Mountains. Your mountain might seem small, but it's important to God and He wants it moved! Healing can happen, mountains can be moved, relationships restored... pray, pray, pray!

This week our focus is on the Lord's Prayer. So I ask two things from each of you. One, I would love your prayer requests, so I can pray for you. Two... pray the Lord's prayer. Really pray it. Ponder the words... think of their meaning in your life & the lives of those around you. Your family, friends, co-workers, community. I cannot wait until next Monday when I can share what I have learned this week studying and praying The Lord's Prayer.

So, I would like to pray again this week for you. Post a request by clicking the comment link or you can email me!

Love you all!

9 comments:

Paula said...

I'm sure you know what I want you to pray about this week... a successful court date in Ethiopia. Friday is the big day.

Runner Mom said...

Hey, Kristen! Thanks so much for these words of encouragement as I seek to strengthen my prayer life! I do have a prayer request! Our first Women's retreat--that I've been a part of--is in 2 weeks...March 7. Please pray for wisdom, guidance, and peace as we continue to listen to Him as we finalize plans. Please pray for the 30 women who will be attending! FOr some, it's their first retreat!

Thank you!
Hugs,
Susan

Cindy said...

It's interesting you mentioned the Lord's prayer because last night I was trying to not feel overwhelmed again by worry and all I could do was pray that prayer. I was able to focus on what each line actually meant for me in real life and it is a blessing.

I'm emailing you with some details on my previous request but in general I would be blessed to know people are still praying that my husband's job will remain secure. It's my biggest source of anxiety despite trying to trust God with it.

Yolanda said...

Kristen,

Thank you for each prayer you have prayed on my behalf. And for believing with me for a mighty move of God.

Love to you,
Yolanda

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Kristen!!! I fixed a cup of coffee and am getting caught up on my reading. I'm so glad to catch a post from you.

I am praying with you Sister. And, I will pray the Lord's prayer. I'm enjoying picking up different translations of the Word and will look this prayer up as well.

Hugs and Love to you today my friend!!!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Kristen,
Thank you for including me in your prayers each week. I love to read about your experience each week, and this week is no different. I love that bible quote, in fact, it's always been under my avatar on one of the boards I am on. I have sure seen mountains be moved for me over the course of my 43 years. Today I would like to ask for prayer for friendship, and a church family - I am so lonely here in our new town, and need to make some meaningful connections with others,
Thank you Kristen...you will be in my prayers as will your friends that have posted here with their requests. hugs, Joanie

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

"Thy kingdom come..."

There is a kingdom coming, but until then, we are given the mantle of carrying that kingdom withus wherever we go. So when I pray that prayer, I am ever mindful that I am an integral part of an everlasting kingdom that has already begun.

I'll be sharing that with a group of women on Saturday night; accordingly, I would appreciate your prayers along those lines.

peace~elaine

much2ponder said...

Thank you for opening up your heart to others in this way. Just knowing someone else is praying for my needs helps me somehow. I am still asking for courage in the face of fear, but I would also as that you pray for me to be more compassionate with others so that my heart will be able to put their needs before my own. Bless you Kristen.

Donna's Book Nook said...

Kristen--Thank you so much for your continuing prayers for my son. I think this 6 weeks focus on prayer will be a life-changing experience.

My husband and 2 other engineers are going to Haiti on a mission trip on March 14, to try to get one of the radio stations back on the air. It can reach almost 1 million haitians with the gospel. Thanks and blessings on you. Donna