Thursday, February 26, 2009

Attention Prayer Warriors! Prayer Request ~ Nebraska/Ethiopia

Hello my friends!

Today I am asking that you say a prayer for my friend Paula & her family! I posted back in January about she and her husband adopting twins from Ethiopia! (Click Here)

Well tomorrow is their court date! Here is a post from Paula's blog today:

Jitters
"I am a nervous wreck. Our court date is February 27. Since Addis Ababa is 9 hours ahead of us (see the clock on the left side of the blog), that means that our case will come before the court sometime in the wee hours of the morning while we are sleeping. My stomach is in knots.Thank you all for your prayers and well-wishes. I hope to have good news to post tomorrow! "

If you could lift Paula, Tom, Kenneth, Emily, Anna and those sweet twin girls up in prayer. If you could pray that this court hearing is successful, as sometimes the first go around isn't always successful; if you could pray for these sweet twins who's lives will change dramatically (for the good) in the coming months! They are closer than ever to these sweet girls coming home to Nebraska!

Our Gracious Heavenly Father. Today I give you all the praise and thanksgiving this heart can offer for my friend Paula and her family. You have moved them to open their hearts and their home to these sweet little girls who for now live an ocean away. Only through Your grace can a family from the Midwest be linked to two tiny girls in an African country. Only by You can they be called family. Today as I bend I knee I humbly implore you to grant wisdom to the court system and that the decision be that all systems are go... moving another step closer to joining this family together as one cohesive unit. I trust Your great wisdom and turn this over into Your mighty hands. In the saving, powerful, awesome name of Jesus I pray.
AMEN!

7 comments:

Paula said...

Thank you. :)

Ally said...

This has me teary eyed. I will say a prayer and look forward to hearing the news. What a mixture of emotions they must be feeling!

Runner Mom said...

Thank you for being such a precious friend in sharing this. I will be gald to lift up this family before the Lord! How exciting!!

Hugs,
Susan

Donna's Book Nook said...

I will certainly lift this family up in prayer. We serve an awesome God, who already knows what these girls need. Donna

Joyce said...

Praying today for God to do far more abundantly that all that we can ask or think.

Cindy said...

I'll join in prayer too. It maybe after the fact since I just now read your post but God knew I was going to pray!

Anonymous said...

Please have your congregation or prayer team pray that
Christ Will Purify Carey's Heart.And Open Her Eyes
onceagain. So that she can forgive. So that she can return
to Christ Jesus.She has turned her back on God.
She is a Christian. But marring a bartender.
Please also pray for the salvation of Mandy And Lory.
God Bless
Joe