Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blog Award - Friendship!



What an honor that I have received a blog award from my dear bloggy friend Donna! Thank you sweet friend! You made my day! :)

Here is the description of the award..."The citation reads: These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! There's an instruction that comes with this award. Deliver this award to 8 bloggers who must choose 8 more and include this text into the body of their award."


Like Donna and so many others, I originally started this blog to put my thoughts down on paper and share my faith and my life. It's funny... when this journey began... this blog was private. For invited family and friends only. The LPM blog is the vehicle God used to inspire me to begin blogging in the beginning, and it was the LPM blog that led me to so many other blogs of Christian women that were open to everyone! So, with a deep breath I made my blog public.

What a joy it has been. I can say I have made friends with so many lovely ladies across our country. There are no pretenses, no age limits... we have very different lives, but have so much in common. And the most important thread - our love for Jesus Christ and our desire to know him more intimately. To share this faith in Christ with all who will read!

I never imagined the blessings I would receive from blogging. Re-connecting w/ an old friend, making new friends and the possibility of meeting some of you in person! Oh I will hug your sweet necks when that happens! Sharing your ups and downs... trials and joys... what a community in Christ we have!

I have had the privelege to pray for so many of you and the blessing of so many of you praying for me!

A heartfelt thank you to all of you who read my blog! You are all a bright spot in my days!

So with that: Here is the guideline/instruction that comes with this award:

Deliver this award to 8 bloggers who must choose 8 more and include this text into the body of their award."

With that I want to pass this award along to Kim, Christy, Kim, Angie , Paula, Gina, Elaine, Yolanda & Sweet Pea - Paula.

How difficult it was to pick just 8 - so I picked 9! I also knew that even know I wanted to, I couldn't pick dear Sarah since she just delivered her baby girl Anna Claire!!!! Praising Jesus for that sweet baby!


12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command. 15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.
~ John 15: 12-15

12 comments:

Paula V said...

You're so sweet. What a joy to fellowship with you also. This blogging world is something else. I know outside of my blogging community I feel like non-bloggers look at me wierd. I stop calling my blogging friends just that and now call them friends. I think those outside of the blogosphere don't grasp the depth of we we have. It can be hard to understand the bonds formed on here and that they are just as strong as our RLF (real life friends). Probably some of my bonds are even stronger as I share more with my online friends that RLF.

It's a blessing from God. You are a blessing.
Love,
Paula

Anonymous said...

Hi My Sweet Friend! Congratulations on this well deserved award. And, Oh I cannot wait to hug your sweet neck. But, guess what? I beat you to this and gave you this award last week. :) http://kimandhercoffee.blogspot.com/2009/02/surprise-blog-gift-love-verse-6.html
So enjoy a double dose bc you deserve it. And, I thank you so much for giving it to me!!! Love you Friend, Kim

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Well, that just made my day! You know how I feel about our friendship, Kristen. I just wish we could live it in living color. Like you, I never imagined the possibility of what lie ahead when I began. I've simply walked it, tired at times and full of questions, but in the end...

so very glad for the journey I've shared with you and so many wonderful women.

You're the real deal friend, and I love you. Many thanks.

peace~elaine

Angela Baylis said...

I am honored you chose me, Kristen! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am the one you will meet face to face soon! It seems like it was yesterday when I didn't even know what a blog was and now I have met so many friends for life. You are definitely one of them! Thank you for your gift of friendship! I love you, sweet friend! Thank you so much for your obedience and for always pointing me to Jesus in your blog and when you comment on mine. I treasure you!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Yolanda said...

Truly a blessing and am so thankful that God placed our paths where we can begin to know one another this side of Heaven.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Paulette said...

Kristen,
Get this...I found your blog because you posted on my friend's blog who posted on my blog! You posted on her blog b/c you are in Indianapolis... me too!! Where are you?? You look super familiar to me! Where do you go to church? I'm at The Creek. Would love to hear from you!

Ally said...

Hey there! My name is Ally, I'm Kim and her coffee's SIL. I found your blog through hers.
It's ironic you posted this today because I've had a blog for almost a year and just yesterday Kim convinced me to make it public. I've secretly lurked on so many blogs through Kim's for so long and have learned a lot.
I look forward to coming out of the shadows and getting to know you better.
It's amazing how the bond of motherhood and being a Christian can transcend not knowing each other IRL.

www.allysfaithfamilyfriends.blogspot.com

Sit A Spell said...

Thanks for praying for my friend, Sara. Also, my hubby will be in northern IN Feb. 24th for follow up from past phone calls! We want to be in Gods will...

OH...my friend in Brownsburg had a huge flood this week!

Runner Mom said...

I am so glad that you took that leap of faith to make your blog one that we could all read and grow from!

Blessings,
susan

Joyce said...

Hi Kristen,

I decided to pop over to your blog today. I've seen your posts on others I read. I am new to blogging but was also inspired to give it a go by the LPM blog. I'm really enjoying it so far. You've written some lovely posts on your blog.

Have a nice weekend...I'm off to have my hair made to look 'sun kissed'. It just doesn't happen naturally in this country : )

Blessings to you...Joyce

Tracy said...

Congratulations on an award well-deserved, Kristen! So glad you took the brave step that day and made your blog public. It's been a true joy and blessing to me (and obviously many others!) getting to know you. I too began blogging because of Beth Moore's. It's truly unlike anything else I've ever experienced. Thousands of women from every walk of life connecting here because of Christ...incredible. So glad you were one of those God saw fit to cross my path with. You're a joy.

Blessings,
Tracy

P.S. I prayed for throughout the day on Wednesday...how was your small group?

much2ponder said...

Just want to let you know I left you an award over at my blog...no pressure to sent it on, but I do want you to know you are appreciated:)