Thursday, August 5, 2010

August... REALLY? It's August already? Where does the time go?

It's been a busy few months around the Schwark house. A new puppy is like having a newborn & and toddler all wrapped up into one little body. I can put my little newborn/toddler in a crate and leave him however! Ringo is sleeping through the night which has helped. Of course the "personal summers" I experience during the summer haven't necessarily helped my sleeping habits! That's another story for another time!

So the Dog Days of summer have settled in like a guest who has overstayed their welcome.  I have to say it's been miserable here in Indy.  Yesterday was the hottest day we have experienced in three years!  96 + degrees w/ a 115 degree heat index is just plan HOT!  I had to laugh this morning when Chuck Lofton (my morning weatherman) said we were in for a "major cool down".  His major cool down - 87 degrees!  Muwahahahaha!  Oh, and boy do we need some rain.  My backyard is getting crunchy and the earth is cracked.  My garden has produced a good crop of tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, cabbage, garlic, onions etc.  However the hot temps make it difficult to get out and enjoy toiling in the soil.  The sad thing... when it's this hot I can't enjoy a cold glass of lemonade on the back patio.  I have to enjoy it from the A/C cooled house.  By the time it cools down it will be time for hot cocoa or warm apple cider.

So what's been going on besides puppy rearing?  Work - July proved to be a better month and our real estate biz picked up a bit. We are thankful for that as winter will soon be upon us.  The economy still is rough as is the real estate market, but God continues to provide!  We are in the midst of a small kitchen remodel.  Cabinets will be painted, a beadboard ceiling will be installed, a new light fixture and I am removing a bit of wallpaper... 3 layers of wallpaper on a bulkhead.  Uggh!  We haven't picked out new counter tops yet.  That will be a task completed after the cabinets are painted.  Oh, and I have some lovely new drawer pulls and cabinet hardware.  I will share pics soon!  We are putting in a lot of mileage on the bikes even in the heat.  Although we did not ride yesterday.  My mother in law told me that our decision to "not" ride was good evidence of us using our God given brains!  Ha Ha!  She's 88 and still hilarious!  Jim and I both have birthdays coming up as well as our 20th anniversary. 

I hope to visit blogland more as the summer months fade to fall.  I have been absent from not only posting, but catching up with all of you!  I have to say... when you are absent... you lose your blogland followers and friends!  I miss you guys!

I pray your summer is going well.  I keep reminding myself of Romans 8:28 ~
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  All things include miserable heat! 

Looking forward to catching up with all of you!


4 comments:

Joy Junktion said...

Love catching up with you now and again. Hot is Indy yes, HOT in Phoenix what else is new?? Have enjoyed catching a glimpse of you new addition. We too are looking forward to fall, (whatever that is) and some cooler temps - maybe by mid October!
Blessings

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

You want hot... head over here! 105 today with a heat index through the roof. In fact, since moving here in June, there have only been a few days in the high 80's.

Today is Amelia's BD... we've been to "fun, fun, fun"--a center with laser tag, putt-putt, games, etc. I didn't have much fun, fun, fun, but she did. School starts next week, and I'll be glad for the breather. To say this move has nearly ruined me... well, nearly.

Thank God for his continuing reminders of daily grace and love.

Good to hear from you. Take good care.

peace~elaine

Becky said...

"My mother in law told me that our decision to "not" ride was good evidence of us using our God given brains! "

LOL. With temps the way they have been lately, I agree with your MIL!

Paula said...

It's always freaking hot like that in the summer here in Nebraska. This year it's been like the jungle, too... rain, rain, rain; then steamy icky heat. Bleh. But I'll take hot summers over winter any old day. Not looking forward to THAT, especially if it is anything like last year! Also, you need to send me some puppy pictures so I can live vicariously through you. There are no new puppies in my immediate future. And you should probably come to Nebraska for a visit. Okay, I'm done now. :)