Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Birthdays!

June is traditionally considered the prime month for weddings, however in our family we have many birthdays.
June 11th - my niece Sarah, my Grandmother and my Aunt Trish. June 20th - my sister Melissa and on June 10th we celebrated my Father in law's 90th birthday.

90 years! What a celebration it was (and is) We started celebrating on Friday evening at a Calvary Lutheran School Reunion. Jim's dad was the first teacher and principal of Calvary - so many of his former "pupils" as he calls them - showed up. It truly was a celebration and a witness of how many children (who are now adults) he touched through the years and the impact he made in each of their lives. As I watched and observed I thought of a saying that is on the coffee mug I drink out of at the office: "A Hundred Years from Now... it will not matter what my bank account was, or the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child"
He made a difference in so many children's lives. It's an example I hope to emmulate in my way with God's help.

Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow!

No comments: