Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday


Here I go again... letting time get by without a blog post! I tell myself I won't let it happen, but it does. Life just gets going and I don't stop to blog about it!

My blog is Over The Backyard Fence - I share my faith, my life and my home with you! Bible study, cooking, cleaning, working out, gardening... you name it I should share it! :)

With that... I have been a faithful reader of my friend Kim's blog! Each Wednesday she has her Weigh In Wednesday's posts.  It's not about your weight - it's about health and fitness goals and making good choices.

So here is my first, official Weigh in Wednesday Post!!! 

Kim asked us three simple (or not so simple - grin) questions


What are you doing well?

I've been training well on my bike!  As long as work doesn't get in the way!  Not getting in as many miles as I would like, but training hard & I finally got my first race under my belt! 

I still go to my Strength & Endurance Class on Monday evenings.  In the fall/winter months I'm at the gym 4-5 times a week, in the summer it's once a week and the rest of the time is on my bike.  Unless it's raining, then I will hit the gym - or sometimes just relax!


What do you need to improve on?

I need more base miles.  I need to eat less sugar - I'm a sucker for Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream!

The one thing I've learned is this.  I eat in moderation, I never use the word diet (to me that's just setting myself up for failure) I don't deprive myself of things I like.  Lots of veggies and fruits and lean proteins.  I really hate processed foods, but don't limit myself to just brown rice and wheat flour.  I think that's another way of setting myself up for failure.  I need flavor for crying out loud!  I enjoy a cocktail now and again as well!

What are your goals for the coming week?

A good long weekend ride on my bike, better lunch time eating habits!  That's the time of day that can cause me to not eat soon enough, eat on the run or eat something REALLY bad for me!

So what are your goals?  What are you doing well in your healthy lifestyle choices?  What could you be doing better?

Join in each week!  Let's old each other accountable! 

Remember this link!!!  At Home With Kim

Stay healthy friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Post! Love your goals and I love your take on healthy eating without setting yourself up for failure with unrealistic rules. So glad to see you blogging!!! Always love your posts!!! Love & Hugs