Thursday, March 11, 2010

Oops... and Ha Ha Ha... and Snow Lesson

Don't know what I did, but apparently the reason I never received the comments to my posts (I thought no one loved me anymore - LOL) was I had the comment moderation set to where I had to be in my blog to approve comments. Ummmm... don't know how that happened, but I have since changed the setting. I am LOVED! Ha Ha! As our dear Siesta Mama Beth Moore says "I am blonder than I pay to be!"

After a few delightful, warm days rain and thunderstorms are moving into central Indiana. The western sky is slate gray. Thunderstorms = Spring. I just pray the storms aren't severe as T-storms also = Tornados.

I took the photo below yesterday - the last itty, bit of snow left on our property.  This morning - that little "blechy" (yes I just said "blechy) pile is gone!  I am hopeful that we won't see any more snow until November or December. 

A Pile of snow covered in grime, leaves, sticks...
I started thinking about that pile of snow and  remembered  a very snowy February.  I remember how beautiful the snow looked as it fell and covered the ground, trees and everything that looked drab and gray.  After the snowfall, the sun came out and all was bright and beautiful.  God had covered the darkness of winter with a robe of white!


The grime on the snow reminded me of sin.  How sin soils us. I thought of that snowfall and how it reminded me of God's forgiveness and grace that covers the grit of sin.  Covers the drab, gray of sin and makes us pure and white.  Covering us with grace, mercy and forgiveness .  Making us new.  That lovely white snowfall has been reduced to this tiny pile of snow that again is gray, drab and covered with grit.  It needed cleansing.  Yesterday it was an eyesore.  Today it is gone.  Washed away.  Warmed by the sun and washed clean by the morning rain.  An image of God's cleansing... washing our sins away in the blood of Christ.   Once again sin our sin is forgiven.  God continues to forgive... ALWAYS!  Ask Him - He will forgive.  And don't hold on to that dirty pile of snow.  There is nothing you have to do... accept His forgiveness.  There is no sin that is a match for God's grace, mercy and forgiveness.  Not a single one!

Psalm 51: 1-11

1Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. 4 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge. 5 Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me. 6 Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place. 7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 8 Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. 9 Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

May each of you today feel the cleansing forgiveness of the Lord.  Whatever sin is burdening your heart... He will forgive you... just ask!  Yes Lord, create in all of us a clean heart and renew a right spirit within us!  Amen!



6 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

As the snow melts, uncovering the winter's remnants hidden beneath, I pray for the fresh wind of God's Spirit to come alongside and blow those remnants into significance. How thankful I am for his discerning breath that separates the good from the bad and knows how to shape winter's death into the blossom of spring.

peace~elaine
PS: So glad you got your blond head back on again:)

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Hey friend~
I so love your new bloggie look! Very nice.

I've been missing you...AND you need to share the the pretty you ordered from Christy!!

Take care.

Amanda Taylor said...

i couldn't find that darn spider! it bugged me out the rest of the night!

p.s. I see your are following the LPM blog are you doing the "So Long Insecurity" blog/book thing. If so I think reading that book kinda gave me some of that insight.

On Purpose said...

Hello Kristen it is so good to be here today...awhile back I 'messed' with some stuff on my blog and lost a connect to get to you! Thank you for blessing me with this opportunity to 'peek' over your fence again!

Hugs to you and Happy Spring my freind!

On Purpose

Angela Baylis said...

Hi, Kristen!

It's great to see you are back in blog land! You have really been missed! I'd love to be able to say that I have no reason for forgiveness, but it's not true. Thank you, my friend!

Much love to you!
Angie xoxo

p.s. I had made a snow angel and just tonight as I pulled in our driveway noticed it is completely gone. No sign of it whatever. :)

sanjeet said...

So glad you got your blond head back on again:)
post free classified ads