Friday, February 22, 2008

One of those days....

TGIF - as the old saying goes - Thank God it's Friday!
It's a cold, icy, snowy day... but not enough to keep me home, in front of my cozy fireplace, w/ a cup of coffee and a good book. I have too much to do today at the office.
After I had settled into my work I get a frantic phone call from my darling husband! As he was flushing the loo he opened the medicine cabinet (above the loo) at the same time. Of course a small tube of face lotion plopped into the loo and was promptly flushed. Oh my - you would have thought his arm had been cut off when he called me! He was frantic and so worried that we would have to call a plumber to remove the bottle. Thank God for my brother in law. He went over w/ wrench in hand, they shut off the water, removed the toilet and retrieved the bottle of lotion. NO! I won't be using that particular bottle again! ha ha I am so thankful that he has since calmed down and is now laughing about the situation. I told him that it's just proof that men and multi-tasking don't mix. Don't open that cabinet until the water has completely been flushed!

As you prepare for the weekend dear ones - reflect back on the week. Were there instances that seemed so dire in the moment (like flushing a bottle of lotion down the loo) that you can now sit back and laugh about? I sure hope so!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Kristen,
Wow, you have such a lovely blog page! And your post is very beautiful as well! Thank you for all of your kind words and comments on my Frivilous Friday post! It is so much fun making new friends and being encouraged in the Lord this way! I look forward to visiting you again soon!

Have a great weekend~~Kelley

Angela Baylis said...

What a great post! I can just imagine the phone call from your husband. I've SO been there. It's nice to laugh about later. I have an issue in my life this morning that I hope I'll laugh about soon. In the midst of it, it's not funny at all.

I love your blog... it's such a joy to visit.
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Angie xoxo